Often in medicine and surgery there are no definitions of competencies and net thyroid surgery is an area that is managed by General Surgeons by otolaryngologists. But we must remember that not all general surgeons or surgeons ENT specialists concern themselves of thyroid surgery. It seems more correct to speak of surgeons (regardless of specialty) dealing with thyroid. And’ so important to rely on a center that follow this type of pathology that support meaningful endocrinologists, sonographers, radiologists and relations with nuclear medicine centres. If there is absolutely no doubt that there are very valid general surgeons that have important cases of thyroid surgery it is also true that the Otolaryngologist has a great knowledge of the anatomy of the neck, not only of the thyroid. This better anatomical knowledge can be very helpful in managing complex cancers that infiltrate the thyroid tissue adjacent or involving the lymph nodes in the neck.
Most read articles
- Cocaine damage to his nose and face
- Diet and recommendations after tonsillectomy
- How to send a cd TC / RMN over the internet
- The precancerous and malignant tumors of the vocal cords
- Carcinoma of the nasal vestibule
- Acute tonsillitis
- The dangers of smoking to the larynx
- Scuba diving and ENT diseases
- Lingua villosa nigra
- SOME REFLECTIONS ON HOME THERAPY OF COVID
- DEATHS IN ENGLAND FROM DELTA VARIANT BETWEEN VACCINATED AND UNVACCINATED: WE READ THE DATA CORRECTLY.
- COVID intensive care admissions are on the rise, 6-8 times slower than the first wave.
- COVID, New: Those infected are hospitalized?
- New cases diagnosed are all asymptomatic? What are the real numbers?
- Distance and hygiene standards work and not just for COVID!
- ISTAT serum survey: some considerations about the lethality of SARS-COV2
- COVID19: when you are contagious?
- The second wave will arrive in the autumn? We can avoid it?
- SARSCoV2 and viral load, let's make it clear.
Association of Head and Neck Niguarda
Scientific Association for
training, of care and solidarity